Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Flexible Seating- I can't wait!

I am so excited about setting up my classroom for the 2016-2017 school year. We have been out of school since the end of May. Normally we can get in to the school to start set up after July 4th. I keep waiting for that email that tells me when I'm allowed in. This is how I feel...


I have gotten rid of my desks. The last day of school my students helped me move them up around to storage. I'm replacing them with tables. I plan to put those tables low to the ground so they can sit on the floor.

I've ordered some bean bag cubes from Overstock.


Stools from Ikea


And a friend is picking up colorful rugs to go around one table. Now I'm on the search for larger rugs for different areas in my classroom and 6 tall stools to go around the counters and tall table.

While out looking for new things to put in my classroom I ran across different letters that were on clearance at Michael's. They didn't have enough of any one type to spell anything but I had this great idea to get all different types of letters to spell science. Look at this! I'm not exactly sure where I'll put it but I'm going to find a space for it. 



I've been looking into flexible seating for the last year or so but I never actually tried it. There are several of us taking the plunge together and I'm all in! I will be teaching four classes of 5th grade science next year so it may be a little difficult to start, but I don't doubt we'll all love it!

Do you use flexible seating in your classroom? I'd love to hear tips and tricks that you can share with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.