Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Week 17- More RAKs & A Little Redesign

A few weeks back I was browsing Pinterest and ran across a pin where a teacher had her desks arranged the way I do mine sometime. She used drawers to help keep supplies close to the kids so I knew I wanted to do that.

Untitled
The drawers came in this week and I love them! We keep paper towels, notebook paper, a stapler, tape, pencils, pens, and post it notes in the drawers. We are still figuring out what we need to add to them to have all our supplied close. I also added tissue and hand sanitizer to the top.

I'm also in the process of making the decorations to hang from the ceiling. I used wiffle balls and tissue paper to create these. I wasn't sure I loved them but the kids did so I'm keeping them. I just glued the tissue paper in the holes in the wiffle balls. They were super easy to make.

Untitled

This week we continued our random acts of kindness (RAK). We selected different grade levels each day and went and posted positive notes to the teachers. We got so many comments about doing this and my kids are continuing to do nice things for each other as well.

Untitled

We have several surprise RAK in the works for next week so check back to see what we've done!

One afternoon when we went to pack up we found that one of the students wrote positive notes for everyone and put them on their lockers. Great job!

Untitled

I also wanted to share this game that my math coach, Mrs. Hamlet shared with me. The students play bowling with order of operations. They roll 3 numbers and write it on their paper. Then they use those numbers and try to write an equation to equal each number on the right side of the page. When they create an equation for each number they knock over the bowling pin (bottom left). I let them compete against each other.

Untitled
This is the pdf file in case you'd like to use it too!



STUDENTS: What can you do to help someone else without expecting something in return? What is something that stood out to you in the RAK videos we watched this week? Can you duplicate this?

3 comments:

  1. giving the elder stuff umbrella food money

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give the homeless children a good Christmas ! Dyani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog posts and amazing ideas! Would love a copy of your Bowling with Four Operations pdf, but I cannot figure out how to access it...sorry. Could you help, please? :) Thanks...for ALL you do and share!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.